Saturday, July 12, 2008

Portland, Oregon.

No sales tax in Portland! That’s probably the best thing that city has to offer. I would have definitely enjoyed it more if I had more money to spend.

Portland does have some good food. People (foodies) travel to Portland all the time just to eat.


What I don’t like about Portland:
1. Portland is “hipster central”. Meaning, if you love to drink PBR, wear ironic mustaches and nothing but American Apparel, you’ll love Portland.
2. The city itself is visually sort of boring. Sure there’s cute neighborhoods but there’s really nothing historic or cool to look at. The city is laid out so it’s pretty much connecting neighborhoods rather than neighborhoods surrounding a city.
3. The summers are HOT in Portland. They’re Ohio hot.

What I did like about Portland:
1. Good food.
2. The neighborhoods are nice (ie. Pearl District.)

(I did see some Salvador Dali works which was awesome. Here's one of them. Anyone have an extra $13,000 so I can purchase this? Haha.)



(This is a toy horse that was on the sidewalk. A little unexpected.)


Next up, California here we come!

No comments: